Where do you currently work, and what makes the bar special?
I work at the Renaissance Zürich Tower and its special because I carefully have chosen all the spirits on the Menü, and it’s a place where you feel comfortable and welcome.
If you got to open your own bar, what kind of place would it be and what would be the signature drink of this bar?
My own Bar will have a friendly design, with some bookshelf’s full of nice and interesting Bar & Kitchen books to get my guests inspired. I love making Cocktails with fresh elements, so I guess the Signature Cocktail would be refreshing and served in a Coupe glass.
What was your most rewarding experience in your bartending career?
I am kind of new behind the Bar, so for me it is rewarding to be able to meet every now and then professional and humble Bartenders.
What is the recipe with which you made it into the World Class final, and what was your inspiration for it?
A savoury Cocktail that I called “Trotamundos” (Globetrotter) and got inspired by the winter and being myself far away from home.
- 60 ml Cardhu 12
- 50 ml unsweetened soy milk
- 20 ml maple-cardamom syrup
- 5 ml Bénédictine
- 5 drops homemade Talisker Bitters (with cloves, gentiane, dried orange zest, dried grapefruit zest, cinnamon, black pepper and amarena cherries)
- Serve with nougat pipe tobacco and cinnamon smoke in a separate glas.
- Finished with some fresh grated chestnut and black pepper on top.
3 x 1: Learn the techniques right, learn the Classics, stay humble.